Monday, November 9, 2009

Chapter 1...

Okay I'm back to KL after a 5 days vacation at Sabah. During the first day was somehow quite tiring and sleepy as well because the day before I took my flight I was unable to sleep well (slept for only 3 hours). The flight was on 9am but I had to go to gather at my aunt home which was located at Semenyih at around 6am. Once reached there, we waited for the taxi for about 20min to arrive to fetch us to the KLIA. The taxi driver was a friendly old Chinese man, aged 64, and still possessed a muscular body (I'm darn impressed by the physical fitness of the taxi driver). He talked a lot about his sons and some of his background story which I was not really interested, however my aunt was the talkative type, therefore for the entire journey to KLIA, the sound which was audible to my ears was the sound of my aunt and the taxi driver chit chatting.

The journey to KLIA took about 30min from Semenyih, partly due to the smooth traffic condition. After wasting one hour at the airport, finally I was on the plane to Sabah. The view outside of the airplane was amazing during that day, somehow I managed to take a snapshot of a rainbow via my phone's camera....(somewhere over the rainbow way up high~~)

Can you spot the rainbow?

Inside the airplane, there was nothing much to do except going to the washroom regularly, eyes glued at the hot air stewardess, and listen to the musics. After flying for at least 2h 30min, the plane took a stop at Labuan to drop off some passengers before continuing to Kota Kinabalu.

At last, I had arrived to K.K after more than 3 hours butt torturing journey all the way from KL. Immediately checking out from the airport, my father contacted his former colleague a.k.a his student to have a little conversation. Then we bought a taxi ticket which cost rm30 in order to travel to the hotel which was located less than 50km from the airport. Once again, I had to torture my butt or else I had to sleep at the airport...
The environment in K.K was much like the 80's, however the buildings looked repainted and had undergo maintenance. Finally, the gigantic signboard which reads Daya Kinabalu Hotel was visible to me, my face showed a relieved sign because I can finally took a rest.

The hotel was situated in the town center, there was no parking space for the taxi to stop. To my surprised, the taxi driver just stopped at the middle of the road blocking the vehicles at the back from proceeding their journey. However, drivers at Sabah was full with patient and tolerance. They waited for us to unload our luggage and the taxi driver to step on the acceleration without pressing the horn at all !! This is something that will not happen in KL....

So, the first day was pretty much ended without any activities, due to the tiring journey everyone wanted to get a good rest before enjoying the rest of the vacation...






No comments:

Post a Comment